As a real estate agent, there are certain things buyers expect to receive from your service in exchange for their time and money.
In order to satisfy your clients’ needs and increase the chances of receiving referrals for the future, you want to make sure you exceed all of their expectations. But, you might be wondering, what exactly DO they expect?
We’ve created a list of the top six things all buyers expect their realtors to do for them:
1. Save them time. Time is one of our most valuable resources and unfortunately, it is limited. Buyers want to work with a realtor who will save them their time.
2. Save them money. This is a given. Saving money is one of the most important things to a buyer when purchasing a home.
3. Ease and peace of mind. Buyers who are beginning the process of purchasing a home, especially if for the first time, often feel apprehensive and uncertain. They want a realtor who can provide them with peace of mind and make the process as easy as possible. Buyers expect a realtor to show them a clear path to the purchase of their home so it is important to communicate the steps to them.
4. Provide them with education. Many buyers are unfamiliar with the process of purchasing a home and thus, expect to be educated on the processes involved.
5. Provide them with knowledge. As a realtor, buyers expect you to provide them with any and all information related to the home-buying process. This might include things like market conditions, listings that match their criteria, pros and cons of certain neighbourhoods and communities, etc. Buyers will use you as their number one source of knowledge and information.
6. World-class service. Buyers want to work with an agent who is able to navigate any market conditions in order to find them a home in a reasonable amount of time, for a reasonable amount of money, with as much ease as possible.
If you can provide buyers with the above items, you’re much more likely to end up with satisfied clients and referrals for the future.
Watch this week’s video from one of our Master Coaches, Jennifer Kelloway, as she summarizes the top six things buyers expect from realtors.